Communication and Personality: Most Common IELTS Essay topics
Technology and Communication:
- Old Technology: In past era, people communicate with each other via telephone and letters. Even before it, they use to interact face to face only.
- New/Modern Technology: In modern era, people communicate with each other using Internet (Digital Era).
Role of technology: Technology has changed the way we communicate with each other, even the way we represent ourselves in the society. With time people are becoming more extrovert with the help of technology as they can easily express their views on social media like Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp and many more.
Family and Communication:
Negative impact of New/Modern Technology on family:
- Modern Technology has changed the basic structure of our family. Family members talk less with each other.
- Spend more time on social media and people live in a virtual world
- Thus, they have not enough time to spend with their family
Positive points of Old Technology: – Family members used to communicate with each other from one city to another through telephone and letters. Old Technology did not interface with the relations of the individuals that much as compared to the modern technology, rather it solidified them.
Face to face v/s long distance communication:
Benefits of Face-to-Face Communication:
- a) More real communication
- b) Has more emotions
- c) Better for building good relations.
Problems of Long-Distance Communication:
- a) More misunderstandings happen between individuals.
- b) Not practical for long time.
- c) Lack of physical presence hinders the relations.
Role of Technology: Technology has changed face-to-face communication and has transformed it into virtual communication. Ultimately, came up with long term distances.
Communication and Personality
Types of communication:
- ‘One to one’ communication via mobile phones and messenger.
- ‘One to society’ communication is done through social media, when some influencer gets live and shares his thoughts.
Role of Technology: Technology has transformed Communication. It has been changing from ‘one to one’ communication into ‘one to society’ communication.
The Development of Character and Personality:
Communication helps to improve our personality. Because when we can share feelings and emotions with others, we learn new things. As technology has changed the way of communication, it helps an individual to become more extroverts in nature, bold and mature.
Innate Personality VS Developed Personality:
Innate: Innate means inborn talent.
Developed Personality: Developed personality is made through learning and gaining knowledge about various aspects of life from the society.
Role of Communication and Technology: Communication provides help to express inborn talent (especially modern or new technology). It also helps to develop skills and gain knowledge because through communication. With it we get to know about various new things. ‘Communication helps to educate ourselves’.
Communication and Personality
- Happiness is hard to define as it means different things to different people.
- People feel happy when share their views and thoughts and spend time with family.
- Another source of fun and enjoyment are hobbies, sports and games.
- Moreover, money is also considered as a source of happiness but it is not.
- There are others which define happiness as something deeper and are into salvation.
- To live a good life, its important to be happy and have stability.
- Life has to be meaningful to remain happy.
- Achievement and Success lead to happiness.
- Rearing and bringing up children also leads to happiness.
- Religious activities can also cause happiness.
- Same like happiness, success is hard to define.
- Raising a family is considered as symbol of success by few .
- Being wealthy or having a high status are elements of success in modern life.
- Rich and famous people as seen as successful in life but the masses.
- Bill Gates, Steve Jobs are epitome of success for the people.
- Their success is due to their hard work in their profession.
- Achieving personal or professional goals is also symbol of success.
- Hard work is the only source of success.
- Long-term planning and effort is the path to success.
Nature or Nurture:
- Genetics/ genes determine our personalities
- Our abilities and talents are inherited from our parents.
- While Others believe that our education and upbringing are more crucial.
- Our personalities develop according to the influences around us.
- Nurture is more important than nature.
- Our personality is more influenced by the way of nurturing.
- Personalities are the hard work of nature and nurture.
- By working hard and planning, we can achieve our goal.
- Many successful people are self-made as they work hard
- We are not limited by our genetic characteristic or upbringing rather they develop with time.
Q1. Happiness is considered very important in life.
Why is it difficult to define?
What factors are important in achieving happiness? (Read Band 9 Answer)
Q2. Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influence on our personality and development than any experiences we may have in our life?
Q3. Some people say that the only reason for learning a foreign language is in order to travel to or work in a foreign country. Others say that these are not the only reasons why someone should learn a foreign language.
Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Q4. Some people believe that allowing children to make their own choices on everyday matters (such as food, clothes and entrainment) is likely to result in a society of individuals who only think about their own wishes. Other people believe that it is important for children to make decisions about matters that affect them.
Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
Q5. Living in a country where you have to speak a foreign language can cause serious social problems, as well as practical problems.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement.
Complete Course on Writing Band 9 IELTS Essay for free- Click Here
Other Most Common IELTS Essay topics discussed-