IELTS Common Essay Topic – Society
A society is a place where we live by following the rules and regulations.
- How it is different from jungle?
Society has rules, values, ethics, norms, culture and tradition which a jungle does not have. In society, individuals are controlled by rules, ethics, culture and tradition.
- Overpopulation: When there is more number of people living in society and resources are less. Like water, fuel, food supply etc.
Reasons of Overpopulation:
- Illiteracy– People are not aware of rising problems with overpopulation. Moreover, they are unaware of the family planning programs.
- Superstition– In some cultures and traditions having a child considered as blessing.
- Lack of resources– When number of people who are supposed to use the resources are more than the resources, then there can be scarcity of the resources.
- More burden on government– There would be a burden on the government to provide jobs and education to every individuals. Moreover, providing pensions to the retired member would also be a difficult task.
Poverty: Poverty is a problem due to which people don’t have food to eat and place to live. They don’t have enough money to maintain themselves.
Homelessness / Homeless People: Homeless people are those who don’t have place to live. Homelessness and Poverty are the problems of overpopulation.
Crime on the streets (related with poverty and homelessness):
- Lack of education
- Unemployment/ lack of job opportunities
- No faith in the govt.
· Modern lifestyle (cities, metropolitans, and mega cities):
Modern lifestyle is based on materialism and consumerism
- Traditional Lifestyle:
Traditional lifestyle which is based on spiritualism.
· More job opportunities in cities due to which people move from villages to cities.
- More focused on work.
- Family and relationships suffer which leads to nuclear families.
Environmental problems of big cities: – pollution, overcrowded, overpopulation, poverty, homelessness, crime on the streets.
- Budget Spending:
The budget planned by government, about how much money to be spend on development on roads, environment and other problems.
Problems of Budget Spending in overpopulated society/ country:
- More pressure on resources due to overpopulation.
- Government of country is responsible for budget spending.
- International bodies such as WHO, WTO, UN and Developed countries should also help the developing and underdeveloped countries to fight against these problems by providing money and proper plan to solve them.
- PRIVATE COMPANIES should also help the government by providing funds to curb the problem.
- Public Services (which are provided by the government to the citizens of the country)
- Busy roads (pressure on public services due to overpopulation)
- Maintenance of public services- Yes, it is responsibility of the government to maintain public services but citizens and individuals should also maintain them with responsibility.
- Public Services are available everywhere in villages as well as cities.
- Many governments think that economic progress is their most important goal. Some people, however, think that other types of progress are equally important for a country. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
- Some feel governments, rather than private companies, should be in charge of medical services. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Because of falling birth rates and better healthcare, the world’s population is getting steadily older and this trend is going to cause serious problems for society. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
- Many cities are now turning parks and farmland into new housing developments. Is this a positive or negative development?
- More and more people today are moving away from where their friends and family live. Do the advantages of this trend outweigh the disadvantages?
IELTS Common Essay Topic – Society